INALJ.com has opportunities available in many different volunteer positions. Visit http://inalj.com/?page_id=47338 for more info.
Positions at INALJ
- Head Editor (state/province/country): 5 day a week (weekday) position. Monday-Friday add new jobs and delete expired jobs, coordinate and manage a small crew of assistants- daily commitment approx. 1 – 1.5 hrs a day. One blog post due mid-month no exceptions. Canada, USA and international positions. I insist on HI, Alaska and most international actually living in their coverage area. Openings.
- Assistant to the Head Editor (state/province/country): This is a 2 days a week, formatting jobs from 10-15 websites assigned by your Head Editor, approx 2-3 hrs total a week. Openings.
- Associate Editors, Submissions: This is a 2-3 days a week position. One person for Mon/Tues and another for Wed/Thurs and each covers every other Friday. Takes all the jobs sent to the shared email address -combines them into lists by order of state and sends them on to the Head Editors. Opening.
- Associate Editors, Formatting: This is a 3 day a week gig sending jobs to the Senior and other Formatting volunteers. Runs our shared jobs email account. Opening.
- Assistant Editors: These editors are assigned approx 8-10 major websites for jobs to check 3 times a week, format and send jobs to the Associate Editors for submissions. Jobs sites they check are listed on INALJ FB notes. Openings
- Senior Formatting Editors: Format jobs sent to them by the Associate Editors, Formatting, from the jobs email account 3-4 times a week max. Openings.
- Formatting Editors: Format jobs sent to them by the Associate Editors, Formatting, from the jobs email account 2 times a week. Openings.
- Senior Submissions Volunteers: This is a group that have been with me since the beginning sending jobs very frequently.
- Submissions Volunteers: This is a group that have been with me since the beginning sending jobs.
How to volunteer
Contact inalj.com at firstname.lastname@example.org with your information and they will get back to you. All positions require a commitment to fulfill the duties through the end of the calendar year.
In the subject line clearly state one of the following:
- I am interested in VOLUNTEERING! Head Editor position
- I am interested in VOLUNTEERING! Assistant Position
- I am interested in VOLUNTEERING! Other Positions (explain which ones)
These are all really helpful positions for LIS students or anyone just wanting to make a difference and help the LIS community.