- Blog more: Shortly after I created this blog I completely forgot about it. So in 2014 I hope to become more active in the blogging community so that I can really figure out what I want to do in blogging. I also added another blog: vivalacorgi.blogspot.com. My corgis are becoming famous and blogging is our 2nd stop to greatness. I also plan to start doing book reviews which leads me to my next resolution…
- Read more: I have been doing a decent job of reading more books in the last couple years but no where near where I want to be. Part of this resolution is starting a book club with co-workers. It has already failed once so we will see if we can get it going.
- Lose weight and just generally be healthier: This is probably the most common Resolution for people and I am definitely no different. This year I lost about 60 pounds so I want to keep it going so I can be more of a hottie for my wedding in 2015.
- Get more organized: I’m not sure why I’ve never made this a resolution since my life is an unorganized mess most of the time.
- Keep my shit neater: I will completely admit I hate cleaning and I can be messy (not dirty) at times, so in the new year I hope that I can make a conscious effort to keep my house tidy and my stuff neater.
- Manage my money: I am what some people might possibly maybe kinda call a shopaholic, so in 2014 I am hoping I can learn to manage my money better so that I can have better habits in the future. This resolution is not just for the year, its something I hope I can continue for-e-ver.
This is my first ever blog post and I’m hoping that I will enjoy this new endeavor. I am currently an LIS student at Wayne State University (distance learning) with a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of South Florida. My goal is to show that librarians come in many different packages and enjoy life beyond the library. In my case, I love to bake, shop and spend time with my three corgis Maserati, Rufus and Fred. I hope to spark discussion on issues in librarianship, fashion, culinary arts, and of course in pet ownership as well as so much more. So here goes… My girl’s guide to librarianship (and much more).